Expanding Our Roots
New Secondary Sustainable Resources 11/12 Program Now Complete
The final version of the new Integrated Resource Package (IRP) for Sustainable Resources 11/12 is now an official Ministry of Education program as of September 2008.
Sustainable Resources 11/12 has been designed to enable students:
- to understand the importance of sustainability and conservation,
- to develop environmental responsibility and stewardship,
- to appreciate the importance of BC resources and their uses in our society,
- to investigate career opportunities in resource industries and related services,
- to become aware of Aboriginal perspectives,
- to understand resource industries roles and responsibilities,
- to research resource related technologies and innovations, and
- to recognize economic and political influences and impacts on resource sectors.
The Grade 11 course is a survey course combining Forestry, Agriculture, Fisheries, Mining, and Energy components. At the Grade 12 level, there are four resource- specific courses: Forestry, Agriculture, Fisheries, and Mining. Any one of these five components will satisfy the grade 11-12 Graduation Program Science requirement.
< Back to Index The Role of Forests & Their Products in Fighting Climate Change >