Meet a Tree
Lesson Overview with Samples
- Students will build on their ability to identify a local
resource, the tree,
by looking at its features
- Students will increase their ability to
use the “Tree Book” as
- Students will add to their vocabulary
- Can you identify a tree?
- What features help you to identify a tree?
Setting the Stage (approx. lesson time: 1 hr.)
- Review the use of the “Tree Book” as learned
in lesson one. Look at the
main features and headings to be sure the students remember how
the book. Playing the Tree Game would be one method of review.
- Tree Book
- Tree Samples
- Copy of worksheet
- Copy of Lesson Plan
Lesson 5 TOC