- Students will learn that there are positive and negative
sides to fire.
- Students will learn about different types of fire and
the consequences of
- Students will add to their vocabulary.
- Students will offer and defend their
view on the two sides of fire in the
form of a short essay.
- Is fire friend or foe (enemy)? Discuss, as a group,
what you think the
Setting the Stage (approx. lesson time: 1 hr.)
- Have students view the video “Two Sides of Fire” with
the intent of
understanding what the 2 sides of fire are and how they affect
- The video “Two Sides of Fire”. (16 min.
- Lined paper on which to write their essay.
- Copy of Lesson Overview (one
- Copy of Lesson Plan for each student
|NOTE: If this lesson is completed as a station,
it is important that students
read the overview so as to be sure that they set the stage and have all the
Back to Lesson 5 TOC