ACTIVITY 1 – “HISTORY OF LOGGING” SLIDESHOW (DVD)
- You may wish to show the slides quickly the first time to generate some interest and then
show them a second time placing emphasis on tools and technology while following the script
- Worksheet “3” – have students draw pictures of “OLD” tools and machines in the left
- Add jobs to Worksheet “2a”
ACTIVITY 2 – “LENNY THE LUMBERJACK” VIDEO (DVD)
- View “Lenny the Lumberjack”. As this video is 50 min. long, you may wish to view it in two
segments dependent on the attention level of your class.
- Worksheet “3” – have students draw “MODERN” tools in the right hand column.
- Revisit Worksheets “2a” and “2b” to make additions or changes.
- Discuss the changes in wood use and technology that have taken place
« Return to Index Lesson 4 »